Thursday, February 14, 2008

Return to Pismo



I'm heading to Las Vegas on Saturday, but for about a week the computer models have forecast a beautiful day going down the coast to Pismo Beach on Thursday, so I took off early and cruised down highway 1, top down most of the way. It was indeed a sparkler! I'm staying at the Best Western Shore Cliff, my usual abode here...it's my first visit since December 06 when I stayed here on the last night of my 82 day trip around the country. The motel has an especially fine view of a long sweep of coast, past the Pismo Beach pier to the sand dunes in the distance. You can see waves a mile or more long. Very nice.


Another fine sunset...this pic was taken from the deck of my motel room. Pismo is a classic beach town. It's laid back most of the time, has a fine pier, good restaurants, and of course an excellent beach. I've enjoyed hanging out here for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home