Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vehicle Acquisition Notification

After a decade of driving my 1997 Mustang, The Old Sloat was ready for a change, so today I bought a brand new 2008 Toyota Solara convertible. Thanks to Matt and Kate for the test drive and recommendation...they've been happy Solara owners for a year. This promises to be a fine road car for the next decade or so, but I'll have to be a bit careful; it rides so smoothly it feels like you're crawling when you're doing 70. Of course, that's what cruise control's for. My trusty old Mustang has 164,000 miles on it. It will not be going to the crusher...my friend The Sandster is planning to buy it in a week or two.


Here's a pic of The Lizard and his new roommate Verde (Spanish for green). Thanx to Suzanne and Steve for Verde! The two saurians will be accompanying me on the Solara's shakedown cruise to Las Vegas and Phoenix next month. Being lizards, they're stoked, since of course a lizard's natural habitat is the desert. For those who don't know, The Lizard is actually a rain gauge facilitator...he's shown here holding his gauge. Usually I don't take the gauge along on trips, but on one occasion up at The Sea Ranch I put The Lizard to work and he recorded six inches of rain in one day!

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow, Steve! Congrats on the new ride! Looks fabulous in white.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Sweet Car! Now you have to get the ocean shot

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Nice car! I hope to someday own a car where I don't have to worry about leg room in the back seat for kids ! Ride it on over to Pittsburgh soon !

Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home