Friday, June 15, 2007

Phenomena of the Northland




Being this far north in mid June, the days are looooonnnng. This picture was taken at 10:05 PM. The sun was off to the left of the pic, still above the horizon...actual sunset was 10:21. There was still significant twilight at 11:30.







OK you weather freaks, and you know who you are...we had some good convection here today. Actually it was much like a day in Denver...clear in the morning, then rapidly developing thunderstorms in the afternoon. As of now...about 330 PM...I haven't had any rain fall on my head but thunder has been rumbling in the hiills for hours. I reckon the atmosphere has indigestion.







By midafternoon the storms had set up just north of the lake and were looking ominous. It was almost time for happy hour anyway so I headed for the motel.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I forget what thunderstorms look like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home