Tuesday, December 04, 2007

More Bunyas






The rental house I had in the Bunyas was in a subdivision that, during the week, was home to more wallabies than people! The critters hung out on my lawn all day, but especially around brekky and dinner. The largest number emerged when I played Coldplay on the CD player. I reckon they have good taste in music!







The wallabies like to take their leisure in Roman fashion, reclining and dining on grass. Do I detect sloatlike tendencies in these critters??


















The Bunya Pine is a primeval tree that has been around for tens of millions of years. They have a distinctive cone shape from a distance. They were more widespread in prehistoric eras, but are now confined mostly to the Bunya mountains and a few other areas in eastern Australia. To me, the trees were coolly surreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home