Monday, December 03, 2007

Fab Beaches




I rented a house for a week near Forster, a resort/retirement town about 300 km N of Sydney. This area has fabulous beaches, lush rainforests, and several large lakes just inland. My house was on a lake, but very close to the beach, and I lucked out with the weather...it was good to great for the entire week. After a couple weeks in the bush, I spent most of the week on the beach. And, there were hardly any flies! This was one of my neighborhood sands, Shelly Beach. Gorgeous! Protected from the surf, this is a good swimming beach. The water was about 70 F, a little chilly at first but nice on a hot sunny day.



Here's a better shot of Shelly Beach...not a shabby place to spend some time. And, if a sloat wanted to bare all his or her flippers, this beach is sanctioned for that.









This is the closest beach to my rental house, Seven Mile. Despite it being only about 10 km from a town of 20 thousand, it was almost always virtually deserted, especially on the north end closest to Forster. Even on a beautiful weekend there was almost no one around. I spent a lot of time roaming the sand, playing in the surf, and sloating out. Australia is really the best beach country in the world...there are dozens and dozens of beaches like this on the east coast, and more elsewhere. The towns are neat and tidy with all amenities, the weather's good, and the water is reasonably warm. I'm currently in Lennox Head, another 500 km north of Forster, and the water's about 75 F here.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger christine Yoder said...

Hi Old Sloat!!
Loved your pics and comments about each pic. You have a real talent for writing and you should persue it, I must say.
Lester is playing golf now and I am recovering from a lame back from playing golf. Don't think I will play anymore as it has happened two different times and it takes me ten days to recover. Just getting old, I guess, or I worked too long. I would rather think the latter myself. When are you going to be by again? David will be here around the first part of Feb. with mixed emotions, I'm sure.! Write a quick note soon so that I know you got my E-mail.
warm regards,
Chris, Lester and Toby too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home