Monday, February 25, 2013

My Sunshine Beach Cottage


I am having trouble posting photos to the blog.  But this one got through...this is the lower level of my 3 level vacation home in Sunshine Beach.  This is one of my favorite places in all the world.  You have gorgeous, vast beaches; wild land preserved in a national park, within walking distance of the home; and the town of Noosa, Australia's version of La Jolla.  'nuf said.  The climate is like Florida.  I have loved this area since my first visit in 1985.  Now, every time I come I splurge and rent a fancy place...this is my second gig in this house.  The lower level is in the rainforest, as you can see here.  Mid level, with the kitchen and living room, is more open; top level has a view of the surf.  We've had a fine storm here today!  The rain has poured down in torrents, the wind howls, the sea is angry.  I cope by swimming laps in the pool in the rain...a rare treat for someone from Monterey, where it doesn't rain too often and it's cold when it does...here the temperature has ranged from 73 to 76 today.  Right now, 8 PM, it's 73 and the rain is coming down in torrents!  It's very cozy.  According to my makeshift rain gauge...a booze glass on the outdoor dining table...we've had about 4 inches today, and it's still piling up fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home