Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 2008 Storm

In January 2008 we had one of the most massive storms I've experienced in my 15 years as a Monterey resident. It was a classic; the wind howled at 50 mph and more, rain came down in sheets, and the next day, surf as large as I had ever seen here roared ashore. The breakers in the video are a good 20 feet high, and the water raced two feet deep through the parking lot at Carmel River State Beach. For those of you who know the spot, you can appreciate that; the lot is usually about 100 yards from the ocean's edge.I shot some video of the oak trees next to my condo during the storm. These are stout trees; they normally don't move much! There were a couple trees and many large branches knocked down by the storm at my condo complex. With a cozy spot in which to ride out the storm, it was neat! My power went out for an hour or two, but no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home