Monday, November 03, 2008

Blue Ridge Splendor


I've been traveling for almost two weeks, but have had (a) limited wireless connections; and (b) a more intense social life than usual, visiting friends in Charleston, Orlando, and Miami. The young folks in CHS kept me up til 4 AM one night...felt like I was back working a graveyard shift! Wendy, Shawn, Scott, and I had a reunion again, just like two years ago in the same place. Lots of fun, but no time to blog. But I have seen some pretty country. On Oct 25-26 I was up in far northwestern North Carolina, on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The leaves were in full color as these pix show. It's beautiful country, with pleasant towns, friendly people, and tidy farms to go with the fine landscapes.














You don't have to look upward to find beauty in the Blue Ridge. Even the ground presents a palette of color. Mother Nature can do a pretty good imitation of Jackson Pollack.










With clear skies and bright sunshine, the colors are intensified. The weather was quintessentially autumnal; crisp and bright.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Laksiri Sampath said...

capturing beauty of nature

 

Post a Comment

<< Home