Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hora Feliz at the Gulf

Happy hour on my last afternoon in Florida on the ocean. I've been in the state for two weeks and have gotten used to it. 80 degrees every day...some days dry, like today, some days humid...turn on the fans and drink a little more beer. Before heading home, I wish to pay tribute to the faithful Lizard, who has accompanied me all this way, and the trusty Esky, pictured here on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, a long way from the Woolworths supermarket in Gosford, NSW, Australia, where I purchased it just over a year ago. The Esky is supporting the Lizard; a tinnie of Yuengling, the superb PA beer brewed since 1829; and a tumbler of Makers Mark, a fine Kentucky whisky. All this was savored whilst reading about the Democratic election victory in USA today as the sun lowered in the west and waves from the Gulf lapped gently on the shore. A thoroughly pleasant late afternoon!

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Yuengling! I am so jealous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home