Monday, September 11, 2017

The Eclipse

I saw the total solar eclipse on August 21 in Baker City, Oregon.  I picked that spot because I figured there would be a good chance of clear weather in Eastern Oregon, and the city is far from any large metropolitan areas so I thought it wouldn't be too congested.  Bingo!  My friends Cindy, Donna, and I watched from the main city park .  Here it's about ten minutes before totality and getting dark and notably cooler.  

And here it is!  I was speechless.  Totallly gobsmacked.  It was awesome!  

Another total shot.

During totality, the street lights came on.  It was almost pitch dark.  But around the horizon, outside the area of totality, it was still light.  Very eerie.  For a couple minutes I felt like I was in another world.  

After the eclipse, I roamed around the countryside and visited the nearby Oregon Trail museum.  These are actual wagon ruts dug by the covered wagons over 150 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home