Saturday, December 18, 2010

Last Days in Hana

On the Maui coast near Hana, the scenery resembles the Big Island's in places. Surf, lava, sky.
Red Sand Beach in Hana. It's a partial volcanic crater. The beach is made of fine cinders...coarser than normal sand but easily walkable in bare feet. A nice place to sloat out.

My last sunrise at my Hana hale. (sigh!) As our outgoing governator would say, Ah'll be back!

An 1860 vintage church in Ke'anae, about 15 miles west of Hana, off the highway. Very mellow spot...I've passed it by several times in the past and finally went in to investigate on my way to the airport. Glad I did.

Winter surf at Ke'anae. You can tell it's winter in Hawaii by the nights...when the wind drops the temperature plunges well into the 60s and you turn off the ceiling fan and pull a blanket over you. But of course, when the sun comes up it's toasty warm again in no time. My kind of winter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home