Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Annual YVR Visit

After two weeks on islands...primarily Pender and Vancouver...it was time to return to the mainland. Had a fine cruise on the ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay. Almost tropical!!
As usual, I got a room at the Blue Horizon Hotel, on Robson Street in the middle of everything. The lizards enjoyed chillin' out with a tinnie of ice cold Kokanee. They are 17 floors up here...no acrophobia in this bunch!

My friend Wendy is afflicted with acrophilia...a love of heights! Thus, I had to take her to the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge in North Vancouver. Doesn't show up well in this pic, but this is a swinging bridge 150 feet above Lynn Creek.


One of the rituals in the YVR is sunset at English Bay. You saunter down there, find a spot on a log, and enjoy. I've been doing this for 40 years...it's always good.


The city lights up on a summer night, as seen from my balcony at the Blue Horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home