Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lizards Sloatin' at the Ranch





The lizards found a fine stone sloat to relax upon at my rental house at Sea Ranch. We had five days of fine weather which my reptilian friends appreciated.





May 15 was a rare day, with offshore flow all the way to the beaches. I was going to go hike in the redwoods, but a 78 degree day on the sand next to Point Arena occurs maybe twice a year, and I realized that the proper use of my time on this occasion was to hit the playa and stay there! This is Manchester Beach with the Point Arena lighthouse in the distant background...blow up the pic for a better view. The scene was toasty warm, beautiful, and quiet. Even more so than most Northern and Central CA beaches, this strand is usually foggy, windswept, or both. Not on this day...it was gorgeous!


Did some sloppy photography here...this picture violates the basic rule of thirds, but I thought the contrast between the black sand and the white surf was neat. It reminded me of a typical scene on the Big Island of Hawaii...as long as I didn't dip my toes in the ocean, which was frigid as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home