Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Columbia Gorge



I've been on the road for the past two weeks but have been away from the internet most of that time. But, I've seen a huge number of beautiful, fascinating landscape. Most of it I've seen before, but not in a long time and not since I've been blogging. This is an old favorite, Multnomah Falls in the Columbia Gorge in Oregon. I've been coming here since I was an ankle biter. It's always nice, though on this day...a sunny Saturday...literally everyone and their dog was there, though that doesn't show up in this shot.




This pic is from the top of the falls; 620 feet above the bottom, where the previous shot was taken. The trail up to the top is heavily traveled and paved, but not a cakewalk; it makes the ascent...plus a few feet...in just a mile. In the upper right of the pic you can see the parking lot...60-odd stories straight down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home