Monday, November 20, 2006

On the banks of the Pedernales


I spent today loafing around in the Texas Hill Country, west of Austin. I did some fine slotation along the Pedernales River, just downstream from LBJ's old place. I dozed for awhile on some rocks by the river, and later near here, on a sandy beach by the water. This is in Pedernales Falls State Park, and in warmer weather there are many people here swimming, but this day (Monday, upper 60s) there were only a few folks around so it was very peaceful. I haven't done enough sloating on this trip...will have to make up for that when I get home.

Ah, home...you know, when you live in Monterey you live in a famous place. The lady who took me thru LBJ's boyhood home today has lived there. She went to San Jose State. A woman at the front desk of the motel where I'm staying in Fredericksburg tonight is going to San Francisco and Carmel this coming Friday...not for the first time...and she's stoked. I was giving her some tips on where to go. Last year when I went to Australia, the first person I talked to in depth, a woman running a coffee house, had lived in Monterey. It's world famous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home