Sunday, October 01, 2006




Yesterday (Sep 30) I had a hearty brekky at the Miss Lyndonville Diner (thanks for the reference, Rick). Then I checked out four covered bridges in the immediate vicinity. The pictured bridge is still used on a fairly heavily traveled road, but some have been long closed to vehicles.

I then did a serious hike to the top of Mount Pisgah, which looms above Lake Willoughby, where I stayed for three nights in Vermont. The hike is only two miles long but has an elevation gain of 1450 feet, so it's a serious slog. That's 725 feet per mile, and over the years I've found that any hike with a gain of over 500 ft/mile is steep. But, it was worth it! Check out the view from near the top of the mountain. And the colors on the way up were frequently dazzling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home