Thursday, September 21, 2006

Capricious Colorado Weather


7 AM, Thu Sep 21. After six days of almost perfect weather, the capricious Colorado climate has struck. The cold front I outran yesterday caught me overnight and now there's an inch of snow on the ground here in Dillon, in the Rockies at about 8500 feet. I must admit its pretty...the trees are laden with white...but for driving it's not too good. The roads here in Dillon are just wet but there's probably slush up at the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70 (known to locals simply as The Tunnel, spoken with a slight connotation of dread) so I'll wait a couple hours before heading out.

Travel is somewhat of an art, and good travel involves good planning and good decisions. Though the Old Sloat is an experienced traveler, like everyone else he makes mistakes from time to time. But my major error so far would have been quite unpredictable. The Old Sloat forgot to pack t-shirts!! The only short sleeved shirt with lettering I had was the one I wore. Those who know me will most likely be astounded at this fashion faux pas. I will gradually correct the gaffe by purchasing t-shirts along the way...I got two nice ones in Bluff. But...quite an egregious error!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home