Monday, August 07, 2006

Wanderings of the old sloat


This is the complex where I stayed on the Big Island. The sleeping bungalow pictured was on an
island in a tidal pond where you could swim. The water was heated by volcanic hot springs to about 88 degrees. A nice change from Monterey, with summer ocean temps in the 50s!

Wanderings of the old sloat

Trips this year have included Hawaii; Yosemite; and Central Oregon. As soon as I can figure out how to send pix, I will post some from these jaunts.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Hi Steve,
I 'tracked' you down from your old e-mail address (noaa.gov) on Hawaii's Shangri-La Guest Comment section. I'm considering surprising my husband with a trip there, but I wanted to see if you really liked it and was it quiet & peaceful? And private?
Thanks Steve,
Brenda McCrary
Carrollton, GA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home